Saturday, May 20, 2017

From: The girl who was once happy
To: All of you who were once my friends

I used to be so happy
I'd smile as bright as the sun
I'd laugh as much as I can
Nothing but sunshine
Hopeful as a child
Happy as a clam

Somewhere along the line, everything changed

I was fighting with this grey cloud called depression
And this lightning called anxiety
Having depression and anxiety is like worrying about every single thing
But you're too sad and tired to care
Waking up everyday was a struggle

I knew that I needed help
I started open up to my friends
But none of them understand
"Stop being so depressed"
"You have no reason to feel this way"
"Other people have it worse than you"
"Is it that hard? Are you sure you're not faking this for simpathy?"

I didn't know what to do
I was drowning in the sea and everybody was watching
But no one would grab me by the hand
I started isolating myself from everyone
I kept all those emotions to myself

Friend, I'm sorry I never showed up to your meet ups
I'm sorry you had to keep up with me
I'm sorry I was never there for all of you
I needed some time for myself
But please, try to understand

I'm not the same as I used to be
And I don't know how to feel about it

- Tata

No comments:

Post a Comment